The first reason to make a will is to know that your wishes are known and will be followed after your death. This makes life after your death much easier for your family. Read More...
News and Articles
LegalZoom is a do-it yourself document preparation service that was founded by lawyers. LegalZoom wants you to believe that the process of preparing legal documents is as simple as filing in the blanks on standardized forms. The company's ads promise "common" legal documents at a fraction of the cost an attorney would charge to prepare them. LegalZoom was founded by a group of attorneys, so that means that legal documents must be reliable right? Wrong! Read More...
Many people automatically select their spouse or oldest child as executor of their will. The job of the executor is an important one and although some spouses and adult children handle the job competently, you should consider the duties of the executor and their abilities before automatically assuming that a family member is the best choice to administer your estate. Read More...
At the current time Louisiana only recognizes transfer on death with a bank account specifically titled as a "Pay on death" account. Read More...
The 1996 change to Louisiana's Constitution did away with forced heirship for children over 23 who are not disabled. Read More...
- Scam Artists are Impersonating Social Security Employees
- New Video Teaches Veterans How to Apply for Disability Benefits
- Attention: Do it Yourself-ers! BEWARE!
- Our New Attorney
- People who have lost the ability to sign and those who are sight impaired can still execute wills
- There's No Time Like the Present
- VA Records Accessible online or by App
- Forced Heirship in Louisiana: What You Need to Know
- Who Will Handle My Funeral Arrangements?
- Miramon Law to Attend 2019 NAELA Annual Conference